Boning Up On Calcium And Vitamin D

The Dr. Alvin S. Teirstien Sarcoidosis Support Group in Mt. Sinai hospital in NY City is having a seminar entitled “Boning Up In Calcium and Vitamin D” on Saturday April 28 at 11:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Icahn Building, 1425 Madison Ave (98th St), 1st floor Seminar room.

For more information on the seminar please contact the support group directly at 212.241.8733 or check out their site at http://www.sarcoidosis.org.

1. allergysafecuisine says:

Yikes! Of all the different things that can cause a sarcoid flare-up, Vitamin D is definitely one of them! I wish I lived close enough to go to this, I’d like to see what he has to say about it. I’ve just gone through a hellish past few months, timed suspiciously around the same time I started taking Vitamin D supplements, and I’m just now getting better.

I hope that I am able to make it, and if I do, I will post what was said

1. allergysafecuisine says:

Thanks, I appreciate that! I just found a medical abstract on vitmain D in sarcoidosis, which you might find interesting. http://clinmed.netprints.org/cgi/content/full/2002080004v1

Well, wouldn’t you know it. The one weekend that I have to work is the weekend of this meeting! Oh well. I called the group and requested what ever handouts they have mailed to me. Let’s hope …

3. allergysafecuisine says:

Bummer. I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

I hope that Mt. Sinai posts the presentation on you tube.

____________________________ Sent from my iPhone on AT&T®