I am supposed to take my NY licensing board exam today, but I decided not to do it. I will wait until August for the next exam. This past month my work schedule was crazy and I did not get a chance to review a thing, and I know -just know – that I need to review more in order to pass the exam.
I also decided that if I was going to take the exam, that I was going to take a car service in and back, which would cost me $300.00. As my wife pointed out, taking three trains and a bus to the exam and then back, is really a good way to get the flu, and when I got the flu last year, the damned thing cost me about $300.00 in medications. So, spend the money on a car service instead. But if I spent $300.00 to take a car to an exam and failed, that would really piss me off. And I know I am not ready, so I am not going to piss myself off.
So I will just call the $250.00 exam fee a loss and not bother to stress my self out. It’s just not worth my sanity, or the stress or my health. Sometimes, you just have to pick your battles.