I Am Still Alive!

On this day in 2006, fourteen whole years ago, a surgeon made three slices in my right torso and extracted three pieces of my lung for examination to confirm suspected sarcoidosis. If you haven’t guessed, I was positive. Stage four they said. Severe scaring they said.

One year later that pesky old sarcoidosis made it’s way over to my heart and did some mischief over there. Heart failure they said. 50% chance of surviving to 2011 and 20% chance of surviving to 2016. Gonna need new lungs and a heart. Does Home Depot carry those?

Guess what people. It’s 2020 and the heart has not been replaced and the lungs are still bellowing. I even developed and got rid of secondary pulmonary hypertension in that time. Not going to say it’s all perfect, but they work just fine.

1. Cyranny says:

I raise my glass to you, and wish you many many more years, living a good life!! xx

Liked by 2 people

Thanks C! I intend to be around for long again. Hope you and Cheri are doing well. Stay safe!

2. Lisa Coleman says:

We are glad you are a fighter and are still here! Be safe! ❤️

Thank you Lisa! Be safe!

3. efabuloushb says:

Cheers! Congratulations for fighting the good fight. Wishing you many, many, many more years ahead. Stay safe and be well.

Thanks so much. Stay safe too!

4. YAY for still being here. Cheers!!!!!!

No one is happier than me. Thanks!😊

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )